* dir or folder structure into org-file?
@ 2009-09-14 17:41 Erwin Panen
From: Erwin Panen @ 2009-09-14 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everybody,

Not sure this is the right place to ask;
I'm looking for a way to import a complete file structure into an
org-mode buffer that will be saved to an org-mode file.

I assume org or emacs must be able to do this, but I haven't found
anything googling around..

Thanks for your help!

Erwin

* Re: dir or folder structure into org-file?
@ 2009-09-14 22:34 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-09-14 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erwinpanen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Erwin Panen <erwinpanen@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Not sure this is the right place to ask;
> I'm looking for a way to import a complete file structure into an
> org-mode buffer that will be saved to an org-mode file.
>
> I assume org or emacs must be able to do this, but I haven't found
> anything googling around..
>
> Thanks for your help!

I believe org-fstree is a good option for this:

http://burtzlaff.de/org-fstree/

Best,
Matt

* Re: dir or folder structure into org-file?
@ 2009-09-19 18:17   ` Erwin Panen
From: Erwin Panen @ 2009-09-19 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt, thanks a lot, this is exactly what I'm looking for :-)
I've downloaded and enabled it, but up to now I haven't really managed
to use it...
I'll have to digg somewhat deeper

Cheers,

Erwin

Matt Lundin wrote:
> Erwin Panen <erwinpanen@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> Not sure this is the right place to ask;
>> I'm looking for a way to import a complete file structure into an
>> org-mode buffer that will be saved to an org-mode file.
>>
>> I assume org or emacs must be able to do this, but I haven't found
>> anything googling around..
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>
> I believe org-fstree is a good option for this:
>
> http://burtzlaff.de/org-fstree/
>
> Best,
> Matt

* Re: Re: dir or folder structure into org-file?
@ 2009-09-20 22:44     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-20 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erwinpanen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Erwin,

if you don't need links, you could use Eric Schultes org-babel package,
too.

Provided `tree' is installed, this here will put the tree beneath
~/.emacs.d below, and export the results only. The `-d' option tells
`tree' to show directories only.

#+begin_src sh :results output :exports results
  echo "Directory structure:"
  tree -d ~/.emacs.d/
#+end_src

If you now pres `C-c C-c' inside the source block, the result will be
added. Here's what it looks like on my machine (org's contrib directory
only in this case:

#+resname:
#+begin_example
Directory structure:
/home/sebastian/.emacs.d/lisp/ext/org-mode/contrib/
|-- babel
|   `-- lisp
|       `-- langs
|-- lisp