* w3m integration for yanking w3m buffers into org
@ 2008-10-10  9:23 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-10  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I'm not fully aware of the steps needed to integrate new stuff but for
those using gnus and w3m to read html emails or newsletters then the
following code might interest you for saving portions into org
tasks/items. Let me know if there are any issues - it works well for me!

I have the first code saved as manatee.el and "require" it in.

r.

,----

`----

--
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.  ~Albert Einstein

* Re: w3m integration for yanking w3m buffers into org
@ 2008-10-10 12:45 ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2008-10-10 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: org-mode

Speaking of email and org, has anyone else experienced problems with
linking to VM mail messages through remember? I have yet to get the
proper email to show up when following the links.

- Chris

Richard Riley writes:

> [...]
>|       (when (w3m-anchor (point))        ;return point when current is valid link
>|         (throw 'reach nil))))
>|   (point))
>|

>| (defun w3m-no-next-link-p ()
>|   "Return t if no next link after cursor.
>| Otherwise, return nil."
>|   (save-excursion
>|     (equal (point) (w3m-get-next-link-start))))
>|
>| (defun w3m-no-prev-link-p ()
>|   "Return t if no prevoius link after cursor.
>| Otherwise, return nil."
>|   (save-excursion
>|     (equal (point) (w3m-get-prev-link-start))))
>|
>| (define-key w3m-minor-mode-map (kbd "M-w")     'w3m-get-buffer-with-org-style)
>|
>| (provide 'manatee)
>`----
>

>--
>It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.  ~Albert Einstein

================================
Chris McMahan | cmcmahan@one.net
================================

* Re: w3m integration for yanking w3m buffers into org
@ 2008-10-10 14:44 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-10 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> I'm not fully aware of the steps needed to integrate new stuff but for
> those using gnus and w3m to read html emails or newsletters then the
> following code might interest you for saving portions into org
> tasks/items. Let me know if there are any issues - it works well for me!
>
> I have the first code saved as manatee.el and "require" it in.

A small follow up to this, possibly related to using emacs 23 I dont
know, but I had some load order issues with the keybinding for the w3m
buffer. The following solved it:

,----
| (eval-after-load "w3m"  '(load "manatee"))
`----

Where "manatee" is the code below.

,----

`----