Hi Ihor, I have a prototype of what I mentioned earlier, at least for python. This supports asynchronous, synchronous, session, and session-less blocks. It's pretty messy but it helps to illustrate what I had in mind. Let me know what you think. Sent with Proton Mail secure email. ------- Original Message ------- On Monday, June 27th, 2022 at 4:56 AM, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Ivar Fredholm freddyholms@protonmail.com writes: > > > I believe the two could be unified if we expand the functionality of > > the async filter to look for 'exception' tags. Then each language > > implementation must only put the org-babel src block in a try-except > > type construction and put the error message into the except block. > > > I am not even sure if all the babel backends support try-except. > Think about ob-gnuplot or, say, ob-latex. > > Best, > Ihor