* Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-08-06  8:26 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-08-06  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

When turning headlines into plain lists ~(org-ctrl-c-minus)~, I think
footnotes should be moved to the bottom of the main headline.

Example; Original headlines:

* Main headline
** Headline 1
bbbbbbbb [fn:1]

[fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
* Headline 2

~C-c -~ turns that into a list where footnotes definitions can't be
found. It gives, for example, problems when exporting or when more
footnotes are added:

* Main headline
- Headline 1
   bbbbbbbb [fn:1]

   [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
- Headline 2

The desired outcome, could be something like this:

* Main headline
- Headline 1
   bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
- Headline 2
[fn:1] cccccccccccccccc

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-08-07 11:29 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-07 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> When turning headlines into plain lists ~(org-ctrl-c-minus)~, I think
> footnotes should be moved to the bottom of the main headline.
>
> Example; Original headlines:
>
> * Main headline
> ** Headline 1
> bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
>
> [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
> * Headline 2
>

> ~C-c -~ turns that into a list where footnotes definitions can't be
> found. It gives, for example, problems when exporting or when more
> footnotes are added:
>
> * Main headline
> - Headline 1
>    bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
>
>    [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
> - Headline 2

Confirmed.

Transforming footnote-definition into footnote-reference is not intended
and should be considered a bug.

> The desired outcome, could be something like this:
>
> * Main headline
> - Headline 1
>    bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
> - Headline 2
> [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc

This will make sense.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-11-11  5:22   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-11-11  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Ypo, Org-mode

>> ~C-c -~ turns that into a list where footnotes definitions can't be
>> found. It gives, for example, problems when exporting or when more
>> footnotes are added:
>>
>> * Main headline
>> - Headline 1
>>    bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
>>
>>    [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
>> - Headline 2
>
> Confirmed.
>
> Transforming footnote-definition into footnote-reference is not intended
> and should be considered a bug.

Fixed on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=f83e45526b5ec4627d601673be3680e2dece1b33

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-11-11 12:49     ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-11-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko, Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org-mode

Great!!

Is it easy for a user to test if it works?

Thanks :-D

@ 2022-11-11 13:50       ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2022-11-11 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, Ihor Radchenko, Org-mode

Ypo writes on Fri 11 Nov 2022 13:49:
 > Great!!
 >
 > Is it easy for a user to test if it works?

One possibility (provided git is installed on your system) is:

   mkdir ~/Build/Emacs

   cd ~/Build/Emacs

   git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git

   cd org-mode && make && make doc

Create an ~/.emacs.git file containing only:

   (setq load-path (cons "~/Build/Emacs/org-mode/lisp" load-path))

Finally

   emacs -Q -l ~/.emacs.git

 > >> Confirmed.
 > >>
 > >> Transforming footnote-definition into footnote-reference is not intended
 > >> and should be considered a bug.
 > > Fixed on main.
 > > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=f83e45526b5ec4627d601673be3680e2dece1b33

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-11-12 12:46       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-11-12 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it easy for a user to test if it works?

If you have git, you can clone Org repo (see
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git) and then run

  make repro

from inside the Org repo folder. It will open a clean Emacs instance
configured to use the Org version from the repository.

Alternatively, you can add devel package archives ELPA devel. See
https://protesilaos.com/codelog/2022-05-13-emacs-elpa-devel/

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-11-12 14:24         ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-11-12 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, Org-mode, alain.cochard