* noob, gnus link opens new frame
@ 2007-08-21 13:38 Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2007-08-21 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Gijs, Netherlands, new to Org.

I'm seriously trying out org-mode, and am currently using version
4.67c. (I should upgrade)

One initial question:

If I'm working on a "task-page.org" and click on a link to a gnus
email message at one of the todo's, this will open a new
screen/frame/window, start gnus and display the intended email.

But gnus is already active in another buffer ...

Where/Is there a setting that will make it to just go to the gnus
buffer and open the email message there? So not open a new
screen/frame/window?

Thx

Gijs

And, btw, here is an interesting feature / bug that might interest
others:

My default emacs begins like this:

emacs-snapshot-gtk -font "-bitstream-bitstream vera sans mono-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*"

If click on a gnus email link in any.org page, there will be the new
screen/frame/window, gnus will try to open, but the cpu will start to
race and I never get to see the message. I'm not that patient, so I
killed the emacs processes after a minute or so..

Getting rid of the -ooh-pretty-font also gets rid of the cpu
race... there's a connection...

--
Bart: Dad, we're running out of clean clothes!
Lisa: It seems like I've been wearing this same red dress forever!