* latex options
@ 2015-03-30  9:28 Zhihao Ding
From: Zhihao Ding @ 2015-03-30  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear Org experts,

I was wondering if anyone could advise on this simple problem.
My toy org file, shown as below, contains 3 projects. I’d like to
export beamer PDFs for individual projects from time to time,
but the pain is that I always need to modify the header options
(title, select_tags etc) to match the project that I want to export.

The question is what the best way is to organise the options for
multiple projects? Ideally I’d like to put a copy of the options
under each project, so that I only need to define them once.
It’d be even better if I could specify the file that I want the project
to be exported to instead of the same pdf file matching my org
file.

#+TITLE: mytitle
#+AUTHOR: myself
#+DATE: \today
#+LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer
#+SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

** project 1
** project 2
** project 3

Thanks a lot!

Zhihao

* Re: latex options
@ 2015-03-30 10:32 ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2015-03-30 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Zhihao,

Zhihao Ding <zhihao.ding@imm.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> Dear Org experts,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could advise on this simple problem.
> My toy org file, shown as below, contains 3 projects. I’d like to
> export beamer PDFs for individual projects from time to time,
> but the pain is that I always need to modify the header options
> (title, select_tags etc) to match the project that I want to export.
>
> The question is what the best way is to organise the options for
> multiple projects? Ideally I’d like to put a copy of the options
> under each project, so that I only need to define them once.
> It’d be even better if I could specify the file that I want the project
> to be exported to instead of the same pdf file matching my org
> file.
>
> #+TITLE: mytitle
> #+AUTHOR: myself
>
> #+DATE: \today
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer
>
> #+SELECT_TAGS: export
> #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

> ** project 1
> ** project 2
> ** project 3

You can add most of these keywords to the properties of a subtree by
prepending them with 'export_'.  I am not sure about the select tags,
though.  Why do you need them to differ between the projects?

Your Example:

#+TITLE: mytitle
#+AUTHOR: myself

#+DATE: \today
#+LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer

#+SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

** project 1
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:R: :session *mysession1*
:header-args: :cache yes
:EXPORT_TITLE: mytitle 1
:EXPORT_LaTeX_HEADER: \subtitle{mysubtitle 1}
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: myfile1
:EXPORT_DATE: mydate 1
:EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer 1
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:2 toc:nil
:END:
** project 2
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:R: :session *mysession2*
:header-args: :cache yes
:EXPORT_TITLE: mytitle 2
:EXPORT_LaTeX_HEADER: \subtitle{mysubtitle 2}
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: myfile2
:EXPORT_DATE: mydate 2
:EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer 2
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:2 toc:nil
:END:
** project 3
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:R: :session *mysession3*
:header-args: :cache yes
:EXPORT_TITLE: mytitle 3
:EXPORT_LaTeX_HEADER: \subtitle{mysubtitle 3}
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: myfile3
:EXPORT_DATE: mydate 3
:EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: mybeamer 3
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:2 toc:nil
:END:

HTH,
Andreas

* Re: latex options
@ 2015-03-30 10:56   ` Zhihao Ding
From: Zhihao Ding @ 2015-03-30 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks Andreas! This is very helpful.

I am using tags to control how verbose I want my export to be
and currently they differ slightly between projects. Quite often
I also have project specific tags. But no problem I think that’s
manageable with the layout you suggested.

Best,
Zhihao