* &
@ 2007-07-14  7:10 Renzo Been
From: Renzo Been @ 2007-07-14  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

First of all, I've started using org-mode, and must say that it' a
real fine addition to my Aquamacs Emacs. Great work, thanx!

I do have a question concerning HTML-export:

When I write a & in an org-file, it gets exported as &
However I would like to use HTML-codes for special symbols, like:
ä é, and many others
In this way the exported HTML-file can be saved without the need for
text-encoding (I also use a PDA that does not support all
text-encodings), and can be easily read in all web-browsers...

I've got this as the first line in my org files:
# -*- mode: org; coding: raw-text-dos; -*-

I've added the next lines to my .emacs in order to replace & with
& (and remove text-encoding)

(defalias 'troep (read-kbd-macro "ESC x ibuffer RET m w ESC x
kill-buffer RET RET ESC x org-export-as-html-to-buffer RET C-x 1 ESC %
l RET l RET ! ESC % & RET & RET ! C-x C-w C-y DEL DEL DEL DEL html RET
ESC x kill-buffer RET RET C-x C-f DEL RET g ESC x kill-buffer RET C-y
DEL RET"))
(global-set-key [clear] 'troep)

Is there an other way to set org-mode to leave the & as it is when
exporting to HTML?

Or could there be conflicts because the & is also used in tables?

Or is there somewhere a list to be found with all the latex codes
(like \euro) that can be used in an org-mode file? I don't know all
these codes for special symbols in latex...

Ciao, Renzo

* Re: &
@ 2007-07-15  7:45 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-15  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renzo Been; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You can use \auml and \eacute.  If you have symbols that do not work
correctly, let me know.  The complete list is in the variable
org-html-entities.

- Carsten

On Jul 14, 2007, at 9:10, Renzo Been wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I've started using org-mode, and must say that it' a
> real fine addition to my Aquamacs Emacs. Great work, thanx!
>
> I do have a question concerning HTML-export:
>
> When I write a & in an org-file, it gets exported as &
> However I would like to use HTML-codes for special symbols, like:
> ä é, and many others
> In this way the exported HTML-file can be saved without the need for
> text-encoding (I also use a PDA that does not support all
> text-encodings), and can be easily read in all web-browsers...
>
> I've got this as the first line in my org files:
> # -*- mode: org; coding: raw-text-dos; -*-
>
> I've added the next lines to my .emacs in order to replace & with
> & (and remove text-encoding)
>
> (defalias 'troep (read-kbd-macro "ESC x ibuffer RET m w ESC x
> kill-buffer RET RET ESC x org-export-as-html-to-buffer RET C-x 1 ESC %
> l RET l RET ! ESC % & RET & RET ! C-x C-w C-y DEL DEL DEL DEL html RET
> ESC x kill-buffer RET RET C-x C-f DEL RET g ESC x kill-buffer RET C-y
> DEL RET"))
> (global-set-key [clear] 'troep)
>
> Is there an other way to set org-mode to leave the & as it is when
> exporting to HTML?
>
> Or could there be conflicts because the & is also used in tables?
>
> Or is there somewhere a list to be found with all the latex codes
> (like \euro) that can be used in an org-mode file? I don't know all
> these codes for special symbols in latex...
>
> Ciao, Renzo

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: &
@ 2007-07-22  7:32 Renzo Been
From: Renzo Been @ 2007-07-22  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> You can use \auml and \eacute. If you have symbols that do not work correctly, let me know. The complete list is in the variable org-html-entities.

> - Carsten

Thanx,

Got that working right now.
The list is in the variable org-html-entities, looks pretty complete to me...

The only thing I'm missing in the list are smileys... :-)

In HTML-code they would look like this:
smile
☺
black-smile
☻
sad ☹

Ciao,
Renzo

* Re: &
@ 2007-08-09  5:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-09  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renzo Been; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The smileys will be in the next version, thanks.

- Carsten