I should note that I tried to clean up the files a bit to make them more readable before uploading, and I realized the "clean" version of reqallxml.awk in the attachment has two silly bugs - "/* nothing for now */ ;" on line 368 should be "; # nothing for now" (C-style comments don't work in awk). And the system call string on line 425 can't be split across lines as it is (again, I was thinking in C). -brad On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Brad Bozarth wrote: > Sure! As I said, it's a hack - it would obviously be better > implemented with one elisp batch script or something, but I was in a > hurry, and it's been working for me. > > Reqall is a free app kind of like Jott, if you're familiar with that. > You can phone into it (thus this hack would work with a blackberry or > your friend's landline or any phone, not just the iphone) or use an > iphone or web interface to plop in todos (and various other things, > which I don't use). It can publish your items as an RSS feed. Here's > how voice -> org-mode happens: > > I use a cron job every 10 minutes to run get_reqall_tasks.sh > This wget's my reqall RSS feed, runs reqallxml.awk on it (updates my > .org file), and commits and pushes the .org > reqallxml.awk parses the reqall items and saves a flat local DB > (currently just to check for newness of items), doing some simple > formatting on new items and sticking them in my .org file to be > processed later > > Pretty simple - it could be cleaner, and filenames and such are > hardcoded, but it should be easy for anyone to fix it up or simply > replace the filenames and formatting to their liking. It's simple ... > but still feels like magic when I press one button on my iPhone in the > car, and what I spoke is sitting in my gtd.org when I get to the > office :) ... tarball of hack attached. Note that my awk is from OS X, > should work on linux as well though (I first got it running on linux, > but had to escape some / characters in a pattern match to get > reqallxml.awk to work on my mac and haven't tested it again on linux). > > -brad >