Just an update. Attached is my current org-related file as taken off from Charles file A small bug in Charles' file: org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes set to 5 (rather than to 2 numbers) had me spend a day of lisp debugging (not something I am very adept at :-). [Why the H___ emacs allows ill-typed customizations when the vars are meticulously typed?? Gawd knows! ] Another (unimportant) bug is that org-log-done should be set to time (not '(done)) [This is masked because the same setting is an infile setting in Charles setup] The rest are cleanups, regularizations and Charles->Rustom conversions I am posting this here because I'm too dumb to have worked this out on my own without Charles' excellent tutorial and files and others need not spend the time I did