* bug? or configuration?
@ 2009-04-02 15:10 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-04-02 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ive been struggling to get the org-mode setup of Charles Cave to work
and I keep getting
Wrong type argument lisp, 5

I traced it to (car org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes) in org-current-time
with org-current-time-stamp-rounding-minutes being 5 (ie not a list)

* Re: bug? or configuration?
@ 2009-04-02 16:43 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-04-02 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:
  > Ive been struggling to get the org-mode setup of Charles Cave to
  > work and I keep getting Wrong type argument lisp, 5

When do you get the error?

--
Manish

  > I traced it to (car org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes) in
  > org-current-time with org-current-time-stamp-rounding-minutes being
  > 5 (ie not a list)

* Re: bug? or configuration?
@ 2009-04-02 17:14   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-04-02 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry I am not on my m/c now but it comes when I try to use org-remember
(C-c r) with one of the Charles Cave remember templates.
I dont think though that it has much do do with those specific templates.

I am a bit bitfuddled by the code. It looks like a 'type error' (to use a
phrase from non-lispy languages) -- org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is a
number -- something you cannot do car to.

I'll need at least a day to be able to give more specific data if required

On 4/2/09, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > Ive been struggling to get the org-mode setup of Charles Cave to
> > work and I keep getting Wrong type argument lisp, 5
>
> When do you get the error?
>
> --
> Manish
>
> > I traced it to (car org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes) in
> > org-current-time with org-current-time-stamp-rounding-minutes being
> > 5 (ie not a list)

* Re: bug? or configuration?
@ 2009-04-02 17:20     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-04-02 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I am not on my m/c now but it comes when I try to use org-remember
> (C-c r) with one of the Charles Cave remember templates.
> I dont think though that it has much do do with those specific templates.
>
> I am a bit bitfuddled by the code. It looks like a 'type error' (to use a
> phrase from non-lispy languages) -- org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is a
> number -- something you cannot do car to.
>
> I'll need at least a day to be able to give more specific data if required

org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is *supposed* to be a list - here's the doc:

,----
| org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is (0 5)
|

| Documentation:
| Number of minutes to round time stamps to.
| These are two values, the first applies when first creating a time stamp.
| The second applies when changing it with the commands `S-up' and `S-down'.
| When changing the time stamp, this means that it will change in steps
| of N minutes, as given by the second value.
|
| When a setting is 0 or 1, insert the time unmodified.  Useful rounding
| numbers should be factors of 60, so for example 5, 10, 15.
|
| When this is larger than 1, you can still force an exact time-stamp by using
| a double prefix argument to a time-stamp command like `C-c .' or `C-c !',
| and by using a prefix arg to `S-up/down' to specify the exact number
| of minutes to shift.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

So it seems to be your configuration.