I am trying to use Charles Cave's 'How I use Emacs and Org-mode to implement GTD' as a starter for myself. So I took his .emacs and am in the process of making it my (org part of) emacs setup I found that some parts are relevant to org and some not. So Ive split it into two files ccorg.el and otherccorg.el which Ive attached. ccorg.el + otherccorg.el should (hopefully!) add up to original Charles' file Whats the best require.. org-install etc sequence is not clear so Ive removed that And Ive put in some other comments preceded with RC: (Rustom Comment)