Hi there, I'm interested by this functionality, do you know if it was merged or i need to apply patch locally ? Thanks Matt for your work, Best SR Le mercredi 09 septembre 2020 à 12:33 -0700, Tom Gillespie a écrit : > Hi Matt, > Looking good here. Thanks! > Tom > > On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:06 PM Matt Huszagh wrote: > > Tom Gillespie writes: > > > > > [...] I have a number of use > > > cases that I can imagine would benefit greatly from being able to > > > define a :header-args: :header (lambda () "yay!") property as a > > > closure (and actually I assumed that it would just work that way if I > > > tried to do it, clearly not though). I can't tell for sure if the > > > patch enables this behavior though or whether I would still get a > > > Wrong type argument error. > > > > This should work. Do you have reason for believing it might not? > > With the patch applied this is working on my end. > > * test header > :PROPERTIES: > :header-args:bash: :tangle (lambda () "./from-header.sh") > :END: > > #+begin_src bash :shebang "#!/usr/bin/env bash" > echo yes > #+end_src > > > > [...] Looking > > > at the patch it seems that it preserves the behavior of performing the > > > evaluation of the closures at the source block, but I'm not 100% sure. > > > > I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean here. However, the > > closures are evaluated when point is at the source block, during the > > source block evaluation, not when the default headers are declared. This > > allows the closures to use context-dependent functionality (e.g. you can > > call `org-element-at-point' inside the closure and retrieve whatever > > information you want). Does this address your concern? Please clarify if > > I've missed your point. > > Yep, you've got it. > > > > If the default header closures are being evaluated before checking > > > whether they have been superseded by the headers on a block then that > > > is incorrect and they should not be evaluated until it is clear that > > > they are the value of the header for that block and have not been > > > superseded. > > > > I've fixed my patch (attached) so that now closures are only evaluated > > when they are used as part of the final set of headers. > > Great. >