* Orgmode 5.11b, bug fix release
@ 2007-10-06  7:06 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-06  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Hi,

Org-mode 5.11b fixes the problems reported by Bernt.

    http://orgmode.org

A few remarks:

"CLOCK" is already part of the new default value for `org-drawers'.
Most people don't have to do anything to get the CLOCK drawers.
However, if you have previously customized `org-drawers', you need
to make sure yourself that "CLOCK" is in this list.

The bug Bernt reported was due to the fact that I did not limit the
search for an existing CLOCK drawer in the entry properly.  Therefore,
if the current entry did not have one, but any of the entries further
down in the file had one, all CLOCK lines would en up there.  This is
fixed now - at least I hope.

Further, I don't want to make C-c C-x C-r jumpt to the clocktable
anymore, because there can now be many.  However, C-c C-c C-x C-r will
now jump to the first clocktable in the file and update it.  Does that
help, Bernt?

- Carsten

* Re: Orgmode 5.11b, bug fix release
@ 2007-10-06 15:23 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-10-06 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Org-mode 5.11b fixes the problems reported by Bernt.
>
>    http://orgmode.org

Thanks!

> A few remarks:
>
> "CLOCK" is already part of the new default value for `org-drawers'.
> Most people don't have to do anything to get the CLOCK drawers.
> However, if you have previously customized `org-drawers', you need
> to make sure yourself that "CLOCK" is in this list.

Since I don't currently customize org-drawers I've removed this from my
.emacs again.  I only added it yesterday at Bastien's suggestion during
testing.  Thanks for the clarification.

> The bug Bernt reported was due to the fact that I did not limit the
> search for an existing CLOCK drawer in the entry properly.  Therefore,
> if the current entry did not have one, but any of the entries further
> down in the file had one, all CLOCK lines would en up there.  This is
> fixed now - at least I hope.

Clocking seems to work much better now :)

> Further, I don't want to make C-c C-x C-r jumpt to the clocktable
> anymore, because there can now be many.  However, C-c C-c C-x C-r will
> now jump to the first clocktable in the file and update it.  Does that
> help, Bernt?

I currently only have a single clock table per file so the jump to the
table to update is very useful for me.  I update the clock table many
times a day just to see where I am and not having to navigate to the
table first saves me a little bit of time.

The key binding C-c C-c C-x C-r doesn't work very well for me since C-c
C-c is active in too many regions of the org file.  If I'm on a task
headline C-c C-c is intercepted for tags entry.  If I'm in a clock
drawer it I get "C-c C-c can do nothing useful at this location".

Actually I haven't managed to get C-c C-c C-x C-r to work at all yet :)

All I really need to get the old behaviour is globally bind some key to
a function that jumps to the clock table of the current org file and
updates the table.  You don't need to bind it to a key combination at
all by default.

Maybe all I really need is a function to jump to and reveal the next
clock table in the org file (wrapping back to the top of the file since
I'm normally somewhere in the middle when I want to update the table).
That way I can easily skip to all of the clock tables (currently only
one) in the file and just do C-c C-x C-r on each one.

A couple of other minor things:

 - The release notes mention the new function to jump to the current
   running clock (org-clock-goto after searching the source) but you
   never named the function in the release notes.  It only shows up in
   the ChangeLog.  I _love_ this function!! Thanks again!

 - After installing 5.11b org-version still reports 5.11.

Thanks for the quick fix(es).

Bernt

* Re: Re: Orgmode 5.11b, bug fix release
@ 2007-10-06 15:40   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-06 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 6, 2007, at 17:23, Bernt Hansen wrote:

>> Further, I don't want to make C-c C-x C-r jumpt to the clocktable
>> anymore, because there can now be many.  However, C-c C-c C-x C-r will
>> now jump to the first clocktable in the file and update it.  Does that
>> help, Bernt?
>
> I currently only have a single clock table per file so the jump to the
> table to update is very useful for me.  I update the clock table many
> times a day just to see where I am and not having to navigate to the
> table first saves me a little bit of time.
>
> The key binding C-c C-c C-x C-r

Typo.  I meant C-u C-c C-x C-r, i.e. use a prefix argument for
the clocktable command.

@ 2007-10-06 15:53     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-10-06 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> The key binding C-c C-c C-x C-r
>
> Typo.  I meant C-u C-c C-x C-r, i.e. use a prefix argument for
> the clocktable command.

Ah!  That works much better :)

Bernt