Hello, I appreciate the enthusiasm for Ledger, but I really just don't like the double posting idea period. I just need totals spreadsheet style, that's about it. I think the whole idea behind bean count is tedious. I just don't think like a mathematician in this respect, too brainy for me. I'll take a look at the Org Mode way to solve this problem via the previous posts, thanks. Sincerely, Sam On Fri, Jan 14, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote: > El 2022-01-09 22:42, Samuel Banya escribió: > > Ah, Ledger is way too complicated for what it's worth. I've seen > > videos on YouTube about it, and every person who's praised it is > > pretty much too smart enough to be able to explain it in simple terms. > > It is very easy. I made a video for EmacsConf 2019 > https://emacsconf.org/2019/talks/12/ . I wish someone had showed me > examples like these when I started with it. > > My fiancee is a preschool teacher (programming is not her area of > expertize). But she quickly learned how to use it. She keeps about > 3700 per year with 4500 lines. It takes her about 10 minutes per day. > With that investment, she can even tell how much we have spent on apples > or on all fruits (as detailed or general as she wants). On these two > years, she has saved us about half our budget and has us living much > better thanks to the knowledge of what we want to invest on. (We now do > not think of how to spend money, but how to invest it. That changes the > point view completely.) > > There are complicated reports as well as very simple ones that can be > generated. And you can always customize them to the last bit. There is > also a website http://plaintextaccounting.org . There is plenty of > information there. You can also use org-babel to include formulas for > Ledger reports. > > Just ask away! :-) > >