Thanks, Samuel I've uninstalled fancy-dabbrev, and it seems to work when I complete using M-/. But, now I don't have candidates to choose the completion. Any advice with this? Best regards, Ypo El 16/05/2022 a las 0:15, Samuel Wales escribió: > i do not use fancy-dabbrev, but i use dabbrev in hippie-expand. it > seems to do as you want. > > it should be possible to run hippie-expand with just dabbrev. it > might not be exactly the same because he might have its own version of > dabbrev. which might be what you want in this case. > > note that you have control over where dabbrev gets its data. idk if > that is a feature of vanilla dabbrev. > > i do not use any dabbrev settings or any he settings except the main > one for he. it is set to > > '(try-expand-dabbrev-visible > try-expand-dabbrev > try-expand-dabbrev-all-buffers > try-expand-dabbrev-from-kill > > try-complete-lisp-symbol > ;;do i want this first? am i supposed to use another thing to > ;;complete from that point? > ;;try-complete-lisp-symbol-partially > > ;;try-expand-whole-kill > try-complete-file-name-partially > try-complete-file-name > hoka-try-complete-with-calc-result) > > > On 5/14/22, Ypo wrote: >> Hi >> >> I find dabbrev and fancy-dabbrev very useful to typing fast. But there >> is a problem I am not able to solve: When I apply an expansion while >> writing, the case is always that of the expansion, I can't make it to >> respect what I have written. An example: >> >> — (Typing) "Hel >> >> — (Offered expansion) "hello" >> >> — (What I get when accepting the expansion) "hello" >> >> — (What I wanted) "Hello" >> >> >> Best regards, >> >> Ypo >> >