* Extremely weird key bug in emacs
@ 2009-04-18  2:11 Krishan Rajaratnam
From: Krishan Rajaratnam @ 2009-04-18  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, I just installed org mode for emacs and found out that every key uses C-c. The problem

is my emacs thinks C-c is C-g, but the funny thing is the ctrl button works fine with other shortcuts

in emacs and the c buttons works fine in emacs when used in writing code. But when used together emacs

considers it equivalent to C-g, I reinstalled emacs many times and use Ctrl-c to copy and paste

things from the clipboard in windows all the time, so I am completely clueless as to what caused this problem
or what to do about it. If anyone knows anything about this issue I would really appreicate it if you could

let me know how to fix it, thanks for your time.

Share photos with friends on Windows Live Messenger
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9650734

* Re: Extremely weird key bug in emacs
@ 2009-04-18  4:48 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-04-18  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishan Rajaratnam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Krishan Rajaratnam wrote:
  > Hi, I just installed org mode for emacs and found out that every key uses
  > C-c. The problem
  > is my emacs thinks C-c is C-g, but the funny thing is the ctrl button works
  > fine with other shortcuts
  > in emacs and the c buttons works fine in emacs when used in writing code.
  > But when used together emacs
  > considers it equivalent to C-g, I reinstalled emacs many times and use
  > Ctrl-c to copy and paste
  > things from the clipboard in windows all the time, so I am completely
  > clueless as to what caused this problem
  > or what to do about it. If anyone knows anything about this issue I would
  > really appreicate it if you could
  > let me know how to fix it, thanks for your time.

Some kind of keymapping in your .emacs?  Does it still happen when you
start Emacs with -Q?

--
Manish

* Re: Extremely weird key bug in emacs
@ 2009-04-18 12:52 ` Mike Newman
From: Mike Newman @ 2009-04-18 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Can you let us know which operating system you are using, what version
of emacs and what version of org-mode, please?

This information would help us to make sensible suggestions.