* Update emacs org-mode
@ 2009-04-04 16:13 Demidov Andrey
From: Demidov Andrey @ 2009-04-04 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

  I just wondering how can I daily update my org-mode installation.
  Now I'm doing:

     git pull origin master
     make
     make install

  Is it right way?

Andrey

* Re: Update emacs org-mode
@ 2009-04-04 16:55 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-04-04 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Demidov Andrey; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Demidov Andrey wrote:
  > Hi all,
  >
  >  I just wondering how can I daily update my org-mode installation.
  >  Now I'm doing:
  >
  >  git pull origin master
  >  make
  >  make install
  >
  >  Is it right way?

I would suggest a make clean and make doc as well.

I do:
$ git pull && make clean && make && make doc

--
Manish

* Re: Update emacs org-mode
@ 2009-04-04 17:23   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-04-04 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I do this:

        echo;echo \=== updating org;echo
        (
        cd $delbig/org-mode &&
                git pull --stat --log &&
                #first time make clean?
                make>elup--make 2>&1
                #  make install ... unnec unless you want delorg
                #  to be backed up.  if so then install setting
                #  prefix lispdir
                diffold doc/org.texi--old  doc/org.texi
        echo not doing git gc
        )
diffold () {
	local fold="${1:?}"; shift
	local fnew="${1:?}"; shift

        diff -u "$fold" "$fnew"
        cp "$fnew" "$fold"
}

On 2009-04-04, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
> $ git pull && make clean && make && make doc

Is make clean necessary lately?  It works without it for me.  I
thought make clean was for when mtimes are wrong?

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering (worse than nearly all other

* Re: Update emacs org-mode
@ 2009-04-04 17:51     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-04-04 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:
  > I do this:

  >    echo;echo \=== updating org;echo
  >    (
  >    cd $delbig/org-mode &&
  >        git pull --stat --log &&
  >        #first time make clean?
  >        make>elup--make 2>&1
  >        # make install ... unnec unless you want delorg
  >        # to be backed up. if so then install setting
  >        # prefix lispdir
  >        diffold doc/org.texi--old doc/org.texi
  >    echo not doing git gc
  >    )
  > diffold () {
  >    local fold="${1:?}"; shift
  >    local fnew="${1:?}"; shift
  >
  >    diff -u "$fold" "$fnew"
  >    cp "$fnew" "$fold"
  > }

I will have to try this sometime.  For now I just browse latest changes
using tig.

  > On 2009-04-04, Manish wrote:
  >> $ git pull && make clean && make && make doc
  >
  > Is make clean necessary lately? It works without it for me. I
  > thought make clean was for when mtimes are wrong?

I think it bit me once a while ago and since then it just became a
habit.

--
Manish