* possible bug in org-export (LaTeX), again
@ 2008-10-26 13:04 Rainer Thiel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-10-26 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode List

I now realise I sent my answeer only to Manish and not to the list, so
I am forwarding it now.  In substance, my test file does (and did)
have a blank line at the beginning and the problem still persists.  I
am afraid it is not exactly the same problem that was reportet some
time ago.  I am appending the .org-source-file and the exported
.tex-file again.

From: Manish @ 2008-10-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

  On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Rainer Thiel wrote:
  > I now realise I sent my answeer only to Manish and not to the
  > list, so I am forwarding it now. In substance, my test file does
  > (and did) have a blank line at the beginning and the problem still
  > persists. I am afraid it is not exactly the same problem that was
  > reportet some time ago. I am appending the .org-source-file and
  > the exported .tex-file again.

I opened the attached .org file, did "C-c e d" and completely normal
looking PDF was created.  I am attaching generated .tex file.  I
guess, it should be something specific to your specific setup.

--
Manish

[-- Attachment #2: explattest.tex --]

* Re: possible bug in org-export (LaTeX), again
@ 2008-10-26 19:43   ` Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-10-26 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish, emacs-orgmode List

2008/10/26 Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>:
> I opened the attached .org file, did "C-c e d" and completely normal
> looking PDF was created.  I am attaching generated .tex file.  I
> guess, it should be something specific to your specific setup.

The problem doesn't occur in that case here either.  As I had
explained in my demonstration file, it never occurs when I am
exporting the whole file.

It does occur, though, at least here, when I mark the folded title
line of the first section in an active region and then start the
export function to export only the first section (= first outline
tree).

Could you try if you can reproduce the problem under this condition?

Many thanks indeed

Rainer
--

@ 2008-10-26 20:34 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-10-26 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode List

Hi Rainer,

I can reproduce thit here. Text is inserted into the LaTeX file
(`C-c C-e l') or buffer (`C-c C-e L')
twice.

Hi Rainer,

I can reproduce thit here. Text is inserted into the LaTeX file
(`C-c C-e l') or buffer (`C-c C-e L')
twice.

Regards,

   Sebastian

@ 2008-10-26 21:24   ` Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-10-26 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode List

2008/10/26 Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>:
> I can reproduce thit here. Text is inserted into the LaTeX file
> (`C-c C-e l') or buffer (`C-c C-e L')
> twice.

Thank you for confirming it, Sebastian.  I am sure Carsten Dominik
will take care of it when he finds the time.

Thanks again

Rainer
--

@ 2008-10-26 23:52     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-10-26 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

  On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Rainer Thiel wrote:
  > 2008/10/26 Sebastian Rose:
  >> I can reproduce thit here. Text is inserted into the LaTeX file
  >> (`C-c C-e l') or buffer (`C-c C-e L')
  >> twice.
  >
  > Thank you for confirming it, Sebastian. I am sure Carsten Dominik
  > will take care of it when he finds the time.

My apologies, Rainer.  Something kept preventing the point about
folded heading from getting into my thick skull.  :( Sorry for so much
noise.  I can also reproduce it.

--
Manish

* Re: possible bug in org-export (LaTeX), again
@ 2008-10-27  7:51       ` Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-10-27  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish, emacs-orgmode List

2008/10/27 Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>:
> My apologies, Rainer.  Something kept preventing the point about
> folded heading from getting into my thick skull. [...]  I can also reproduce it.

Thank you for confirming this.  I tested it again and found it isn't
the first section being folded either that is relevant.  When
everything is unfolded, but only the whole first section (with the two
subsections) is in the active region, the result is identical. :(

Best wishes

Rainer
--

@ 2008-10-28  0:06     ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2008-10-28  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* On Sun 09:24PM +0000, 26 Oct 2008, Rainer Thiel (r.thiel@uni-jena.de) wrote:
> 2008/10/26 Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>:
> > I can reproduce thit here. Text is inserted into the LaTeX file
> > (`C-c C-e l') or buffer (`C-c C-e L')
> > twice.
>
> Thank you for confirming it, Sebastian.

You may already have figured out a work-around, but here's I do:
    - use org-narrow-to-subtree (C-x n s)
    - put an blank first line in the narrowed view
    - export

Since there is no active region, this bug is not triggered.

> I am sure Carsten Dominik will take care of it when he finds the time.

Carsten made an appeal for someone else to take over the org-export-latex.el
module, since the original author Bastien doesn't have time to work on it.  I
appreciate the LaTeX functionality in Org-mode, and I sure wish I could
contribute to that module directly, but I am more knowledgeable in TeX/LaTeX
than elisp.

> Thanks again
>
> Rainer
> --
> Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
> Institut für Altertumswissenschaften
> 07737 Jena, Germany (EU)
> r.thiel@uni-jena.de

Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

* Re: possible bug in org-export (LaTeX), again
@ 2008-12-12 23:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-12 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

Hi Rainer,

I believe I have finally found this bug.  Please verify.

- Carsten