Hi Ihor, thanks for your feedback. I attached a patch, but I'm not sure why you said "all but the last line". That last line for me was (org-set-tags tags), which proved important as otherwise the tags were not set in the buffer. Anyways, please find the patch attached. Feedback is welcome, particularly on naming the auxiliary function (org-input-tags does not seem like a great name). I didn't sign any papers yet, but as this is just a minor refactoring without new logic, I'm not sure whether it would be required. Best Christian On Sat, 2022-07-16 at 17:12 +0800, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Christian Heinrich writes: > > > I looked at the code and came up with a patch that works for me (see below). However, this may > > change behavior for others: > > Thanks! > > > 1. The original %^g will work on non-headlines, but if (org-set-tags-command) is called as I do, > > this is no longer possible and would need to be checked (what would be a good way here?) > > > > 2. Can I really deduce from (org-use-fast-tag-selection) being non-nil that fast selection > > should be > > used in capture templates as well? Does it actually make sense to incorporate this into %^g/G? > > > > I am neither a lisp programmer nor acquainted with the org codebase; this is a draft I came up > > with. If you can provide me with further feedback, I'm willing to make this more stable. > > The idea is reasonable, but using org-set-tags-command is not ideal > indeed. Instead, you can take the relevant part of org-set-tags-command > (it is all but last line of the "t" cond clause) and put it into a > separate auxiliary function. Then, you can simply call that function > inside the org-set-tags-command and inside the capture template code. > > Best, > Ihor