* org-ref3 export html with references of pages
@ 2022-06-25  9:59 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2022-06-25  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hello everyone,

With org-ref (version 3) I meet the following (minor) problem with the
html export of references when I want to give the pages of a book in
numerical csl format.

With LaTeX export, no difficulty: I get

  [1, pp. 55-56]

to refer to the book 1 and pages 55-56.

With html export, I get only:

[1]

and no mean to give the pages in this format.

John Kitchin tried to help me (with downgrade to org-ref version 2), but
it is not so easy to downgrade and with regular org and prelude
upgrades, it is not easy always to keep the same version of org-mode.

Help is welcome, if someone knows the solution.

All the best,

Jo.

* Re: org-ref3 export html with references of pages
@ 2022-06-25 11:16 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2022-06-25 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Joseph,

It looks like what I suggested (e.g. use a csl file that supports what you
want)

This org file:

#+csl-style: american-medical-association-brackets.csl
#+csl-locale: en-US

See [[cite:&kohn-2020-ungrad 55-56]]

bibliography:~/Dropbox/emacs/bibliography/references.bib

leads to this output for me. You have to export it with C-c C-e rh to use
the org-ref exporter.

[image: image.png]

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
https://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
https://pointbreezepubs.gumroad.com/ pycse bookstore

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 6:00 AM Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph@vidal-rosset.net>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> With org-ref (version 3) I meet the following (minor) problem with the
> html export of references when I want to give the pages of a book in
> numerical csl format.
>
> With LaTeX export, no difficulty: I get
>
>   [1, pp. 55-56]
>
> to refer to the book 1 and pages 55-56.
>
> With html export, I get only:
>
> [1]
>
> and no mean to give the pages in this format.
>
> John Kitchin tried to help me (with downgrade to org-ref version 2), but
> it is not so easy to downgrade and with regular org and prelude
> upgrades, it is not easy always to keep the same version of org-mode.
>
> Help is welcome, if someone knows the solution.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jo.

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 62113 bytes --]

* Re : Re: org-ref3 export html with references of pages
@ 2022-06-26  7:17   ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2022-06-26  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi John,

I am ashamed for having not understood this solution by myself !

It works perfectly also with my csl style.

Many thanks again for your so kind and very efficient help.

Best wishes,

Jo.

---
https://www.vidal-rosset.net

Envoyé avec la messagerie sécurisée [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/).

> It looks like what I suggested (e.g. use a csl file that supports what you want)
>
> This org file:
>
> #+csl-style: american-medical-association-brackets.csl
> #+csl-locale: en-US
>
> See [[cite:&kohn-2020-ungrad 55-56]]
>
> bibliography:~/Dropbox/emacs/bibliography/references.bib
>
> leads to this output for me. You have to export it with C-c C-e rh to use the org-ref exporter.
>
> [image.png]
>
> John
>
> -----------------------------------
> Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
> Doherty Hall A207F
> Department of Chemical Engineering
> Carnegie Mellon University
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
> 412-268-7803
> @johnkitchin
> [https://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu](https://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/)
> https://pointbreezepubs.gumroad.com/ pycse bookstore
>
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 6:00 AM Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph@vidal-rosset.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> With org-ref (version 3) I meet the following (minor) problem with the
>> html export of references when I want to give the pages of a book in
>> numerical csl format.
>>
>> With LaTeX export, no difficulty: I get
>>
>> [1, pp. 55-56]
>>
>> to refer to the book 1 and pages 55-56.
>>
>> With html export, I get only:
>>
>> [1]
>>
>> and no mean to give the pages in this format.
>>
>> John Kitchin tried to help me (with downgrade to org-ref version 2), but
>> it is not so easy to downgrade and with regular org and prelude
>> upgrades, it is not easy always to keep the same version of org-mode.
>>
>> Help is welcome, if someone knows the solution.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Jo.

[-- Attachment #2.2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 62113 bytes --]

* Re: Re : Re: org-ref3 export html with references of pages
@ 2022-06-26 12:02     ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2022-06-26 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org-mode-email