* Is the feature useful?
@ 2007-06-15 11:02 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-06-15 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

Do you think something similar to the following would be useful for org?

,----[ C-h f muse-what-changed RET ]
| muse-what-changed is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `muse-mode.el'.
| (muse-what-changed)
|
| Show the unsaved changes that have been made to the current file.
`----

(defun muse-what-changed ()
  "Show the unsaved changes that have been made to the current file."
  (interactive)
  (diff-backup buffer-file-name))

Best,

* Re: Is the feature useful?
@ 2007-06-19  4:17 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-19  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 15, 2007, at 13:02, Leo wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> Do you think something similar to the following would be useful for
> org?
>
> ,----[ C-h f muse-what-changed RET ]
> | muse-what-changed is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
> `muse-mode.el'.
> | (muse-what-changed)
> |
> | Show the unsaved changes that have been made to the current file.
> `----

This looks like a function that is not only useful in org-mode,
but in any mode.

- Carsten

* Re: Is the feature useful?
@ 2007-07-02  8:50   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-07-02  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Carsten Dominik <dominik <at> science.uva.nl> writes:

> > | (muse-what-changed)

> This looks like a function that is not only useful in org-mode,
> but in any mode.

Exactly. I use it all the time but this is my method:

(global-set-key
 (kbd "C-c d")
   (lambda () (interactive) (diff-buffer-with-file (current-buffer))))

When I was more paranoid, pressing C-x C-s would have cause such thing
happening plus a yes-no question before saving the buffer content :) Now
I only use this plus version-control (to keep up to 7 old copies,
just in case).

Xavier