* current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-08 13:45 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-05-08 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there any way to do that?

It would be beneficial if, when I did C-a a, the time grid could show, at the
current time, what I am currently clocking time against.

I know that it shows up in the mode line, but my emacs window is seldom wide
enough for me to read that, actually.

Thanks for any pointer to the way to do this.

Dave in New Port Richey, FL

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-09 10:35 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-05-09 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday,  8 May 2014 at 09:45, J. David Boyd wrote:
> Is there any way to do that?
>
> It would be beneficial if, when I did C-a a, the time grid could show, at the
> current time, what I am currently clocking time against.

Not quite what you want but "v c" in agenda view will display all
clocked tasks, including current one.  It may be possible to define a
custom view that includes both appointments and clocking info.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-923-g233c11

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-09 12:45 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-09 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Dave,

jdavidboyd@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

> It would be beneficial if, when I did C-a a, the time grid could show, at the
> current time, what I am currently clocking time against.

This would be confusing, as the timegrid is here for stuff that have
been planned with a hh:mm timestamp.  Adding stuff just because they
are being done "right now" does really fit this picture IMO.

Note that you can configure the `org-agenda-clocking' face to make it
more obvious what task you're working on, and use `J' in the agenda to
jump to the clocking task.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-09 12:46   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-05-09 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Thursday,  8 May 2014 at 09:45, J. David Boyd wrote:
>> Is there any way to do that?
>>
>> It would be beneficial if, when I did C-a a, the time grid could show, at
>> the current time, what I am currently clocking time against.
>
> Not quite what you want but "v c" in agenda view will display all clocked
> tasks, including current one.  It may be possible to define a custom view
> that includes both appointments and clocking info.

That's an idea.   In the meantime, I guess I'll just widen my emacs window out
wider.

Thanks!

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-09 13:45     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-05-09 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Friday,  9 May 2014 at 08:46, J. David Boyd wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> On Thursday,  8 May 2014 at 09:45, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>> Is there any way to do that?
>>>
>>> It would be beneficial if, when I did C-a a, the time grid could show, at
>>> the current time, what I am currently clocking time against.

[...]

> That's an idea.   In the meantime, I guess I'll just widen my emacs window out
> wider.

Of course, you *could* change the mode line so that clocking information
comes earlier in the line... but playing with the mode line can be a
real time sink, and I speak from experience!  My mode line bears little
resemblance to the default and the changes were motivated by my using
Emacs on very small systems such as the OpenPandora.

but definitely getting off-topic here :-)
--

@ 2014-05-09 17:19       ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-05-09 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Friday,  9 May 2014 at 08:46, J. David Boyd wrote:
>> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> [...]
>
>> That's an idea.  In the meantime, I guess I'll just widen my emacs window
>> out wider.
>
> Of course, you *could* change the mode line so that clocking information
> comes earlier in the line... but playing with the mode line can be a real
> time sink, and I speak from experience!  My mode line bears little
> resemblance to the default and the changes were motivated by my using Emacs
> on very small systems such as the OpenPandora.
>
> but definitely getting off-topic here :-)

I could also make my TODO topics a little shorter, so they aren't so long they
wrap around the other side of the room!

Dave

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-21  3:04       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, J. David Boyd

> Of course, you *could* change the mode line so that clocking information
> comes earlier in the line... but playing with the mode line can be a
> real time sink, and I speak from experience!  My mode line bears little
> resemblance to the default and the changes were motivated by my using
> Emacs on very small systems such as the OpenPandora.

A mode-line?  What mode-line?

http://bzg.fr/emacs-hide-mode-line.html

> but definitely getting off-topic here :-)

Feels good sometimes :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: current task being worked in agenda time grid
@ 2014-05-24 16:36         ` jdavidboyd
From: jdavidboyd @ 2014-05-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-orgmode

On 20.05.2014 23:04, Bastien wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Of course, you *could* change the mode line so that clocking
>> information
>> comes earlier in the line... but playing with the mode line can be a
>> real time sink, and I speak from experience!  My mode line bears
>> little
>> resemblance to the default and the changes were motivated by my using
>> Emacs on very small systems such as the OpenPandora.
>
> A mode-line?  What mode-line?
>
> http://bzg.fr/emacs-hide-mode-line.html
>
>> but definitely getting off-topic here :-)
>
> Feels good sometimes :)

I like that no-mode-line mode.  Pretty cool!

Dave