From: Scot Becker <scot.becker@gmail.com>
To: Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: Org-mode ml <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: org-style folding for a .emacs
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:01:01 +0100	[thread overview]

Thanks Eric, Michael and Dan, for the assistance.

Both options look good (outline-minor-mode and a literate org file).

 My first draft of this request for help actually included
consideration of a  "literate" org file, but I deleted it, since I
thought it would be too complex, and your work (Dan) was too far from
finished to be usable by someone of Not A Lot of Time.  If I can make
it work, this does sound even more powerful than the
outline-minor-mode solution.  I had two reasons for the request: first
it was just to have a modular init file without actually making it
modular (i.e. by folding it org-like), the second was to make an init
file that might be of use to others, especially Emacs beginners, for
which an org-rich literate solution would be nice, both for its
folding and for links to the full range of things that org supports
(or can be made to support).

Thanks all for the examples.  I'll give it a try.

Scot