* Quote blocks face
@ 2009-05-12 13:38 Julien Barnier
From: Julien Barnier @ 2009-05-12 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

And first of all, thanks to everybody for this really great piece of
work that org-mode is. I think I discover a new feature almost every
day. :-)

I've got one little question : is there a simple way to customize the
face of some «environments» inside Emacs ? More precisely, I'd like to
make everything between #+BEGIN_QUOTE and #+END_QUOTE to be displayed
in italic...

Thanks a lot in advance,

--
Julien

* Re: Quote blocks face
@ 2009-05-12 14:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-12 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Barnier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 12, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Julien Barnier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> And first of all, thanks to everybody for this really great piece of
> work that org-mode is. I think I discover a new feature almost every
> day. :-)
>
> I've got one little question : is there a simple way to customize the
> face of some «environments» inside Emacs ? More precisely, I'd like to
> make everything between #+BEGIN_QUOTE and #+END_QUOTE to be displayed
> in italic...

No, Org-mode cannot fontify blocks.  I have not been
able to figure out how to do this.

- Carsten

> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> --
> Julien

* Re: Quote blocks face
@ 2009-05-12 21:09   ` Scot Becker
       [not found]     ` <m2zldh6hri.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Scot Becker @ 2009-05-12 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Julien Barnier

I have managed to do multiple-line fontification in Emacs (and I think in
org) using hi-lock mode:
M-x hi-lock-face-buffer <REGEX> RET
italic RET

But I can't for the life of me get that regex back which could span multiple
lines.  I was sure I grouped '.' and the newline character somehow, but I
can't reclaim it.  Maybe someone else has an idea.

If you get it figured out, you can then write the hi-lock regexp's into your
file, and set things up so that they get read every time the file is loaded
(with or without confirmation).

It worked for me in a limited trial but I'm not sure how hi-lock would
interact with org over the long haul.  It certainly has the potential to
slow things down, but I never noticed it.

Scot

* Re: Quote blocks face
@ 2009-05-13 12:05   ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2009-05-13 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Julien Barnier

Eric S. sent this to me :

> I use [^\000]+ for a multiline regexp (learned this from the org-mode
> code actually).  It seems to match pretty much everything.

In that case something like this should work as a regexp value for
M-x hi-lock-face-buffer:

^#\+BEGIN_QUOTE[^\000]+?\+END_QUOTE

face: italic

... should work, but it only matches the first time for me, not every
time as I would expect.

Scot

* Re: Quote blocks face
       [not found]       ` <e0e1fe620905130316q5fb6e230q5c46fb5be53f76a1@mail.gmail.com>