From: Scot Becker <scot.becker@gmail.com>
To: Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, windsor.10@osu.edu
Subject: Re: Exporting for word processors
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 17:37:03 +0100	[thread overview]

@Carsten.

Thanks for pointing that variable out.  I'll experiment.  I was encouraged
by the fact that even when italics didn't work the way I wanted, the
/slashes/ were always still intact.  I figured if I got desperate, I could
always do a second pass on an export hook, but I'll mess with the variable.
How nice that it's flexible.

@ Matthew:

Thanks for your setup.  I'll be glad to poke around with it.

@ Sebastian:

Matthew's setup is considerably more refined than mine, but so far I've had
good sucess with ebib, another BibTeX manager for Emacs.  It lets you
customize a few citation commands and makes it very easy to snag a quick
citation key while writing.  So far I write in org-mode and try to arrange
it so I never have to look at the LaTeX file.  But mine is a thesis, and
it's not to the final stages yet.  At the moment I still run
(xe)latex-bibtex-(xe)latex manually, but that's only because I haven't sat
down to customize the org variable to customize the latex command and run
bibtex.

Scot