You could probably hack something up with a shell source code block that uses sed to find and display text between two delimiters, and then dump the results to the org-mode file. On Mar 30, 2011 5:44pm, Robert Goldman wrote: > On 3/30/11 Mar 30 -4:33 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > > Robert Goldman rpgoldman@sift.info> wrote: > > > >> I would like to do the opposite of literate programming (hence the > >> subject line!): > >> > >> I would like to pull into my org file snippets from a code file. I know > >> that org-mode will let me import /entire/ source code files. Is there > >> some way to say "Import the region of this file between these two > >> delimiters?" > >> > >> If not, do you think it would be hard to add this feature? I already > >> have the snappy name, after all! > >> > > > > I don't really understand: can't you cut and paste? > Yes, but if I cut and paste the text of the code that I am describing > may change out from under my text. If I import the code, it stays in > sync (at least when the document is exported). > Honestly, I was tempted to do the literate programming thing with babel, > but was concerned that it might not work well as a multiple-author thing > (I would be writing the document, but someone else might be modifying > the code and might find org-babel confusing). > > > > And what do you mean that "org-mode will let me import /entire/ source > code > > files"? Is this a facility other than insert-file? Or are you talking > about > > the #+INCLUDE mechanism? > Yes, I was talking about #+INCLUDE. I was really wondering if there > mightn't be something like > #+INCLUDE ~/myfile.lisp :from "(defun sample-function" :to "; end > sample-function" > [sorry --- that's word-wrapped to further obscurity.] > cheers, > r