My two cents on this: * Why not just have a single fallback person that takes the hit of having to use a JS based payment method in the meantime? * Or why not just keep the address and encourage mailing donations themselves to a single location (probably FSF office, no?) I might not know anything about how wiring money works in the context of requiring JS for the transactions, but I feel like if it were just one person to receive payment, or a single address, you could probably remove half of the problems as a result while Librepay becomes more readily available and less dependent on JS based payment APIs. Sincerely, Sam On Fri, Jul 1, 2022, at 1:54 PM, Michael Powe wrote: > > On 6/30/2022 23:53, Tim Cross wrote: > > Richard Stallman writes: > > > > I agree that links to liberapay might someday work without the donor's > > running nonfree software. But that is not likely to occur this year, > > and for it to occur in this decade is a long shot. > > > > So please don't put links to liberapay into GNU package web pages. > >> > >> Please explain how you can argue that position when the FSF has such a > >> link on their web page? Why is it OK for the FSF to do this to raise > >> funds, but not acceptable for projects to do the same? > > Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii? Why ask why? > > (I suspect that RMS doesn't have final say over that decision.) > > Thanks. > > mp > > -- > "Do not neglect to do good, and to share what you have." - Hebrews 13:16a > Michael Powe > Naugatuck CT USA > powem@ctpowe.net > > >