* Agenda: right aligned tags and relative links
@ 2007-06-22 19:15 Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2007-06-22 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Two issues with agenda:

- Tags are not right aligned.

Some appear a tab away from the end of the heading and others appear
only a space after it. Can we right align them and color them like in
org files?

- Links that are relative in a file may not work correctly in agenda.

Do most of you use absolute links?

One solution (I don't know what it will break) would be to rewrite
relative links based on the location of the org file included in the
agenda.

Thanks,
Scott

* Re: Agenda: right aligned tags and relative links
@ 2007-06-22 19:25 ` Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2007-06-22 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

On 6/22/07, Scott Jaderholm <jaderholm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two issues with agenda:
>
> - Tags are not right aligned.
>
> Some appear a tab away from the end of the heading and others appear
> only a space after it.

I should clarify:

Day-agenda:
Friday    22 June 2007
  work:    In -2 d.:       TODO Get another NIC for server       :buy:
  life:       Sched. 8x:  TODO Write in [[file:journal.org][journal]] :write:

So it may be that with the link expanded :write: is past the point
where tags go, but when the link is rendered the tag ends up to the
left of where tags go.

Is it correct that org-tags-column is not used in agenda?

--Scott

* Re: Re: Agenda: right aligned tags and relative links
@ 2007-06-26  8:51   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Jaderholm; +Cc: org-mode

I am having trouble to reproduce the bug, but tags
re-alignment is now done *after* rendering the links, so
maybe the problem is gone (let us know...).

The variable used for aligning tags is not `org-tags-column'
but `org-agenda-align-tags-to-column'.  Note that
currently, negative values for this variable (offset from
right margin) are not supported.

- Carsten

On Jun 22, 2007, at 21:25, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> On 6/22/07, Scott Jaderholm <jaderholm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Two issues with agenda:
>>
>> - Tags are not right aligned.
>>
>> Some appear a tab away from the end of the heading and others appear
>> only a space after it.
>
> I should clarify:
>
> Day-agenda:
> Friday    22 June 2007
>  work:    In -2 d.:       TODO Get another NIC for server       :buy:
>  life:       Sched. 8x:  TODO Write in [[file:journal.org][journal]]
> :write:
>
> So it may be that with the link expanded :write: is past the point
> where tags go, but when the link is rendered the tag ends up to the
> left of where tags go.
>
> Is it correct that org-tags-column is not used in agenda?
>
> --Scott

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403