* Notice: change of my email address
@ 2022-07-26 11:23 tec
From: tec @ 2022-07-26 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

Short version

   tec@tecosaur.com ⟶ git@tecosaur.net (in commits) *
   tecosaur@gmail.com ⟶ orgmode@tec.tecosaur.net (in communications here)

  * I've sent this email from the (old) commit address to leave a paper
trail so
   it's (hopefully) clear to anybody who searches for the address what's
happened,
   and that the FSF copyright assignment continues on with the new
address.

Long(er) version

It was recently brought to my attention that the email forwarding I set
up for
this address (tec@tecosaur.com) is a tad borked. Its domain and email
hosting
was set up years ago on a shared VPS, and it's become increasingly
fragile over
the past ~year. I'm currently shifting to a new (better) setup, and have
grabbed
a new domain (tecosaur.net) so I can do this gradually without breaking
anything
currently on tecosaur.com.

I've taken this as a push to get a move on with my email migration, and
shift a
bit more of my communication away from google (with a bit of extra
organisation
too). Hopefully, if anybody emails tec@tecosaur.com the email will
actually be
forwarded (I switched the method) or you'll see an auto-responder (just
set up)
directing you to try my new address. At some point, this will likely
stop
working completely. On this mailing list, I'll still get emails to my
Gmail
address just as before, so it's no problem if any of you auto-complete
that
address (I'm liable to accidentally use it every now), but I'll be
trying to
use the orgmode@ email for less google and better filtering :)

All the best,
Timothy.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-26 11:24 UTC | newest]