* a problem with org-exp-bibtex
@ 2009-03-12  8:23 aldrin d'souza
From: aldrin d'souza @ 2009-03-12  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello,

i use org mode for publishing my notes and i find the org-exp-bibtex
functionality very useful because it allows me to separate my
references cite them neatly using the \cite{} notation. however, i'm
facing an issue with it.

here's a simple org/bibtex combination to reproduce the probem:

----------[test.org]----------
note
* org-exp-bibtex
i love org. \cite{org}
#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: test plain
------------------------------

and here is the bibtex file (test.bib):

----------[test.bib]----------
@Manual{org,
  title = "org-mode manual",
  url   = "http://orgmode.org/manual"
}
------------------------------

when i export the note as html the \cite{org} bit gets replaced by a
link which points to "#sec-1" inside the generated html file. it
should have pointed to "#org" because that's where the cite
description is.

the weird part is that it works fine if i don't have any sections in
the file. for example, if the org file is changed to the following
everything works fine:

----------[test.org]----------
note
org-exp-bibtex
i love org. \cite{org}
#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: test plain
------------------------------

any help in getting this to work for org-files with sections would be great.

thanks,
--
ajd.

* Re: a problem with org-exp-bibtex
@ 2009-03-12  9:39 ` Taru Karttunen
From: Taru Karttunen @ 2009-03-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aldrin d'souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12.03 13:53, aldrin d'souza wrote:
> i use org mode for publishing my notes and i find the org-exp-bibtex
> functionality very useful because it allows me to separate my
> references cite them neatly using the \cite{} notation. however, i'm
> facing an issue with it.

The problem seems to be that org-exp-bibtex generates a link like:
\[_{}[[org][1]]\] and newer versions of org-mode seem to want
to make that link into the *section* instead to the given anchor.

Now what is currently the sanctioned way to generate a link like:
[<a href="#foobar">1</a>] inline?

btw the repo at http://aoi.yi.org/~taruti/org-mode/ has some fixes
to org-exp-bibtex.

- Taru Karttunen

* Re: a problem with org-exp-bibtex
@ 2009-03-12 10:44   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-12 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Taru Karttunen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 12, 2009, at 10:39 AM, Taru Karttunen wrote:

> On 12.03 13:53, aldrin d'souza wrote:
>> i use org mode for publishing my notes and i find the org-exp-bibtex
>> functionality very useful because it allows me to separate my
>> references cite them neatly using the \cite{} notation. however, i'm
>> facing an issue with it.
>
> The problem seems to be that org-exp-bibtex generates a link like:
> \[_{}[[org][1]]\] and newer versions of org-mode seem to want
> to make that link into the *section* instead to the given anchor.

Yes, there is a problem here.  Org sees the link [[org][bla]] and
thinks it should search for the string "org".  It does, finds a match,
and consequently liks to the section where the match occurred.

Up to now there was o stable way to enforce a fiven internal link
target.
I have just pushed a change into the git repo that will allow

  [[#foobar][description]]

make a link

Taru, I think if you switch to this after pulling
the new versin or Org, it should work.

Thanks!

- Carsten

* Re: a problem with org-exp-bibtex
@ 2009-03-12 11:18     ` Taru Karttunen
From: Taru Karttunen @ 2009-03-12 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12.03 11:44, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Up to now there was o stable way to enforce a fiven internal link
> target.
> I have just pushed a change into the git repo that will allow
>
>  [[#foobar][description]]

My repo is updated to support the new link syntax.

- Taru Karttunen

* Re: a problem with org-exp-bibtex
@ 2009-03-12 11:28       ` aldrin d'souza
From: aldrin d'souza @ 2009-03-12 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Taru Karttunen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/3/12 Taru Karttunen <taruti@taruti.net>:
> On 12.03 11:44, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Up to now there was o stable way to enforce a fiven internal link target.
>> I have just pushed a change into the git repo that will allow
>>  [[#foobar][description]]
> My repo is updated to support the new link syntax.

thanks a lot Taru and Carsten - with your suggestions I got it working
just the way I wanted it to.

regards,
--
ajd.