* 4.69 and Multiple TODO Sequences in a file
@ 2007-03-21 10:53 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2007-03-21 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Wow!  Barely a week from submitting the idea, and it's implemented in
org-mode!  This is great!

A minor issue I have with the implementation is that it if you have enabled:

#+STARTUP: lognotestate

org-mode will prompt you for a note when transitioning between different
sequences in addition to when cycling through a specific sequence.

I can imagine there may be situations where you would want to be able to
hop between sequences, and log the notestates as you do.  However I'd
like to ONLY be prompted for a note when transitioning within a sequence
e.g with the following sequences:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
#+SEQ_TODO: BUGREPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED
#+SEQ_TODO: FEATUREREQUEST APPROVED IMPLEMENTED

When transitioning from TODO -> DONE or from BUGREPORT -> BUG etc (with
M-left/right), I'd like to be prompted for a note, but when cycling
through TODO -> BUGREPORT -> FEATUREREQUEST (with C-M-left/right) I'd
like there to be no prompting or logging.

I'm guessing this would be the behavior most people would expect, and a
   reasonable default with a variable to allow logging of transitions
between sequences.  Though I might be wrong :)

Anyway, thanks a million for implementing multiple sequences!

R.

* Re: 4.69 and Multiple TODO Sequences in a file
@ 2007-03-21 11:53 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-21 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 21, 2007, at 11:53, Rick Moynihan wrote:

> Wow!  Barely a week from submitting the idea, and it's implemented in
> org-mode!  This is great!
>
> A minor issue I have with the implementation is that it if you have
> enabled:
>
> #+STARTUP: lognotestate
>
> org-mode will prompt you for a note when transitioning between
> different sequences in addition to when cycling through a specific
> sequence.

Yes, this is stupid bahavior, you are completely right.
This will change in the next release.

Thanks!

- Carsten