* blogging wih org-mode
@ 2019-09-29 22:06 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2019-09-29 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi the list,

I would be glad to know what is, according to the majority, the best
tool to blog with org-mode. I'm searching something simple to use and
to install in order to blog with emacs, and, ideally, with emacs and
org-mode only.

(I met  difficulties with lazyblorg, for example. I did not succeed to
understand how it works.)

Thanks for your help.

Jo.

* Re: blogging wih org-mode
@ 2019-09-29 22:53 ` Scott Randby
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Scott Randby @ 2019-09-29 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 9/29/19 6:06 PM, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> I would be glad to know what is, according to the majority, the best
> tool to blog with org-mode. I'm searching something simple to use and
> to install in order to blog with emacs, and, ideally, with emacs and
> org-mode only.
>
> (I met  difficulties with lazyblorg, for example. I did not succeed to
> understand how it works.)

Does this help?

https://diego.codes/post/blogging-with-org/

Scott Randby

* Re: blogging wih org-mode
@ 2019-09-30  0:25 ` Thibault Marin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thibault Marin @ 2019-09-30  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Last time I researched this, this was the list I obtained:

    http://bastibe.de/2013-11-13-blogging-with-emacs.html
    http://endlessparentheses.com/how-i-blog-one-year-of-posts-in-a-single-org-file.html
    https://github.com/howardabrams/dot-files/blob/master/emacs-blog.org
    http://www.john2x.com/blog/blogging-with-orgmode.html
    https://ogbe.net/blog/blogging_with_org.html
    http://nicolas.petton.fr/blog/blogging-with-org-mode.html

This may be a little out-dated, I think ox-hugo is pretty popular
nowadays.

I built one a while ago
(https://thibaultmarin.github.io/blog/posts/2016-11-13-Personal_website_in_org.html)
using org-mode only, but I wouldn't call it simple.  There may still
be some useful things in there.

Hope it helps.

  Hi the list,

@ 2019-09-30  4:28   ` Ivan Tadeu Ferreira Antunes Filho
From: Ivan Tadeu Ferreira Antunes Filho @ 2019-09-30  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

If you want to see one more example of blog generator, I also
built one to generate a blog from a single org file, exporting each
heading into a new file.
https://github.com/itf/org-export-head/blob/master/blog.org

It is an org file with a source block: you run the source block, and
call a single function, and it generates the blog.

However, it does not generate an RSS feed.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 8:32 PM Thibault Marin <thibault.marin@gmx.com>
wrote:

Last time I researched this, this was the list I obtained:

    http://bastibe.de/2013-11-13-blogging-with-emacs.html

http://endlessparentheses.com/how-i-blog-one-year-of-posts-in-a-single-org-file.html
    https://github.com/howardabrams/dot-files/blob/master/emacs-blog.org
    http://www.john2x.com/blog/blogging-with-orgmode.html
    https://ogbe.net/blog/blogging_with_org.html
    http://nicolas.petton.fr/blog/blogging-with-org-mode.html

This may be a little out-dated, I think ox-hugo is pretty popular
nowadays.

I built one a while ago
(
https://thibaultmarin.github.io/blog/posts/2016-11-13-Personal_website_in_org.html
)

  Hi the list,

@ 2019-09-30  7:26     ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2019-09-30  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Many thanks to all for your replies, I am very thankful to your help.

I have to make  a choice, but of course I than  everybody who replied to
me. It is a wonderful list.

Best wishes,
--
Joseph

* Re: blogging wih org-mode
@ 2019-09-30  7:55 ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2019-09-30  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Joseph,

Others have recommended ox-hugo already, and I can only second the
recommendation: https://ox-hugo.scripter.co

I use ox-hugo to maintain two blogs/websites (since ox-hugo can easily deal
with static pages as well, it can take over the whole content):
- https://zzamboni.org, you can see the source here:
https://github.com/zzamboni/zzamboni.org/tree/master/content-org
- https://cf-learn.info, you can find the source here:
https://github.com/zzamboni/cf-learn.info/tree/master/content-org

The workflow is like this:

org file -> ox-hugo export -> commit to github -> trigger Hugo build on
Netlify -> publish on Netlify

It works great for me. And Kaushal (ox-hugo's author) is here all the time,
which is an added bonus :)

Hope this helps,
--Diego

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:06 AM Joseph Vidal-Rosset <
joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi the list,
>
> I would be glad to know what is, according to the majority, the best
> tool to blog with org-mode. I'm searching something simple to use and
> to install in order to blog with emacs, and, ideally, with emacs and
> org-mode only.
>
> (I met  difficulties with lazyblorg, for example. I did not succeed to
> understand how it works.)
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jo.

* Re: blogging wih org-mode
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-01  0:37 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2019-10-01  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

i keep each blog entry in a subtree.  then i export to html.  then i
paste into blogger.  done.

maybe not helpful, but maybe somebody will chuckle?

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

* lazyblorg (was: blogging wih org-mode)
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-11-03 20:41 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2019-11-03 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Joseph,

* Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I met  difficulties with lazyblorg, for example. I did not succeed to
> understand how it works.)

I wrote lazyblorg because I could not find any existing tool that,
for example, let me put blog entries wherever I want:
https://github.com/novoid/lazyblorg#why-lazyblorg

Of all published Org->blog methods, lazyblorg might have the fewest
number of users.

If my Readme failed to explain how it works, this needs to be my
fault. May I ask what your issues were?

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/