I now realise I sent my answeer only to Manish and not to the list, so I am forwarding it now. In substance, my test file does (and did) have a blank line at the beginning and the problem still persists. I am afraid it is not exactly the same problem that was reportet some time ago. I am appending the .org-source-file and the exported .tex-file again. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Rainer Thiel Date: 2008/10/25 Subject: Re: [Orgmode] possible bug in org-export (LaTeX) To: Manish 2008/10/25 Manish : > A similar issue was reported a few weeks ago [1]. When I try the same > workaround (make the first line of your document non-heading, a blank > line or a #+ line or somthing), your example works fine here. Well, as you can see in my example, the first line of my document is actually a blank line, indeed. I was aware of that easy workaround, and it did work with that problem (in fact, I had found the workaround myself before I'd read that posting). I have no idea why it doesn't work here in this case. Many thanks for answering anyway Rainer Thiel -- Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel Institut für Altertumswissenschaften 07737 Jena, Germany (EU) r.thiel@uni-jena.de -- Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel Institut für Altertumswissenschaften 07737 Jena, Germany (EU) r.thiel@uni-jena.de