The following is a demonstration file explaining and showing the problem I have and think is a bug. I append the LaTeX file that shows the bug. In it, I have commented out a few lines in there due to my settings that should be unrelated to the problem. As usual, many thanks to Carsten Dominik for this great mode. Rainer Thiel # File to demonstrate LaTeX export bug * First section: Short org-mode export demonstration file This is a short text intended to explain what I think may be a bug in org-mode's LaTeX exporting feature. The substance of the problem is that when exporting into a LaTeX-buffer the text. ** First subsection: introduction This is an idle paragraph in the first section. Is is /not/ meaningful in any way. It is just here to display some text. Together with the first paragraph, this second paragraph should already be enough to show the problem. ** Second subsection: problem description * When I am exporting the whole file, everything works as expected. * When I am marking the folded title-line of the first section in an active region as explained in 12.4 of the org manual (6.10), the latex-file is created as expected, except that the whole text to be set is repeated (with headlines including the asterisks) /before/ the first LaTeX-section. I suppose this should be a bug. * Second section This second section does not have any sense at all. # End of file -- Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel Institut für Altertumswissenschaften 07737 Jena, Germany (EU) r.thiel@uni-jena.de