From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "J. David Boyd" <david@adboyd.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: archiving
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:03:47 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jun 21, 2007, at 16:06, J. David Boyd wrote:

> When I archive an item, into an "_archive" file, the DONE date is set
> to the
> current date, rather than the date the item was completed on.

Actually, the time stamp that is added when the entry is archived
is supposed to tell the time of archiving, not when it was done.
The latter is recorded in the CLOSED time stamp, if you have chosen
to record one.

So my feeling is that this should not be changed, or maybe the time
stamp should be marked more clearly as an archiving time stamp.
Proposals for a better way to do this?

If you prefer not to have a time stamp at all, just turn it off,
of course.

- Carsten

> Is there a variable, (or could there be) to control this?
>
> When I look into an archive file, I would like the DONE dates to be
> the date
> that the item was actually completed.
>

> Dave in Largo, FL

Carsten Dominik