@ 2009-06-16 21:21 Jere McDevitt
From: Jere McDevitt @ 2009-06-16 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Apologize for having to start a new thread, but I just signed up to the
mailing list and since I didn't have the original message to reply to.

What may be happening is that Ubuntu has a default version of org-mode
pre-installed in the primary load path directories, so that is what is being
picked up and not your latest version.  To check that, type

dpkg --list | grep org

and see if org mode was installed by the package manager.  If so, just do a
normal remove and see if that doesn't take care of it.

Jere
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c2c75873c0906161257v9f2ad99pa80364ebb0febb50%40mail.gmail.com%3e>

* Re: In response to: .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu
@ 2009-06-16 21:40 jere.mcdevitt
From: jere.mcdevitt @ 2009-06-16 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Smith, emacs-orgmode

Debian based distros are doing some odd things with emacs packages by placing additional global load scripts in /etc/emacs.  I haven't fully figured out when they get called, but it might be they get called before your init file does.

I know I removed the default org mode install on my Ubuntu machine and haven't seen any problems.

From: waterloo @ 2009-08-14  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode