From: Alan Ristow <alan@ristow.info>
To: Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: Unexpected behavior marking recurring tasks as DONE
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:47:24 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Bhavin,

On 7/8/21 8:19 PM, Bhavin Gandhi wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> Thank you for sharing a detailed description.
> [...]
> I think this is same issue as reported in this bug report:
> https://orgmode.org/list/87o8c8xp9b.fsf@gmail.com/

Thank you for the pointer to this -- clearly I missed it in my initial
search of the mailing list archive, but I agree it appears to be the
same issue. I'm glad to know that somebody has reproduced it.

>>> Second, if I bulk-process a habit via org-agenda-bulk-action, the task
>>> is simply marked DONE. Bot the recurrence and the LAST_REPEAT field
>>> are ignored, but the time stamp is only entered into the LOGBOOK once:
>>>
>>> ** DONE Walk
>>>     CLOSED: [2021-07-07 Wed 11:26] SCHEDULED: <2021-07-07 Wed .+1d>
>>>     :PROPERTIES:
>>>     :STYLE:  habit
>>>     :LAST_REPEAT: [2021-07-06 Tue 15:33]
>>>     :END:
>>>     :LOGBOOK:
>>>     - State "DONE"       from "TODO" [2021-07-07 Wed 11:26]
>>>     - State "DONE"       from "TODO" [2021-07-06 Tue 15:33]
>>>     :END:
> I was not able to reproduce this correctly, I will try to reproduce it
> again later.

I had a difficult time reproducing this one reliably. If I remember
correctly, I could only reproduce it when I set a key binding to
org-store-link. It is a binding I never use, I only set it because it
was in seemingly every org config on the planet when I first started
with orgmode, and I certainly don't explicitly invoke it when processing
in bulk.

Looking back at my last emails, I realize I have submitted a pretty
lousy bug report -- sorry for that! The init.el I used for debugging is
attached, though it relies on straight and use-package for reasons of
time and convenience. The org settings as-written have reproduced both
behaviors reliably for me so far, and removing the "!" from
org-todo-keywords has fixed them both. I am a bit pressed for time at
the moment, but later today or over the weekend I will put together a
more vanilla init.el that hopefully reproduces both problems (or reveals
a package conflict...). I have also attached my test file, though it is
not substantively different from the one you used yourself in the

Best regards,

Alan