Hi, are all your headlines folded? I found that running "M-x outline-show-all" before the first org- drill call resolves this issue for me with org 9.2 (but not with 9.3). See also my analysis https://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill/issues/48/slow-startup Are you aware of the new org-drill releases by Philipp Lord? https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill Cheers Christian On Sun, 2019-08-25 at 20:10 +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote: > Hi, after upgrading from Org 9.1 to 9.2, org-drill has become extremely > slow. org-drill has never been fast, but now it stops being usable. > Everything takes much more time than before -- running `M-x org-drill', > both for the first time and again, responding to drill queries, moving > over my Org file. > > My org-drill Org file has over 4,000 entries and almost 50,000 lines. > With Org 9.1, it used to be usable after running `M-x org-drill' for the > first time in the given Emacs session; after the initial Org processing, > I could move over the entries relatively smoothly. But this no longer > helps and org-drill itself is much slower too. > > Is Org 9.2 no longer capable to handle (relatively) large files with a > lot of Org properties? Are there any tricks to speed it up? > > Thanks for any advice, > Milan > >