* Add keywords in org comments
@ 2009-01-03  8:32 firebird
From: firebird @ 2009-01-03  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

  I have used org mode as agenda for several months and was really
impressed by its great features.  Now, I want to port my notes from muse
mode to org mode, in which I recorded many emacs-lisp, c/c++, ruby
snippets.

  In my color theme(color-theme-dark-laptop), the comments are red.
It's OK for coding, since comments are important and worth reading.
While in org mode, #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC are only code block indicators
and not worth reading.  I wish they could be in dim colors and don't
pain my eyes. (In fact, I wish the whole embedded code block could be in
a dim color if it's possible.)  However, I don't want to change all
comments in org mode, because I want others of them, such as #+TITLE, in
a bright color.

  I used to add some keywords in emacs lisp mode with following codes.
They works.

(font-lock-add-keywords
 'emacs-lisp-mode
 '((";" ("\\<\\(GM\\|NB\\|TODO\\|FIXME\\)\\>"  nil nil
         (0 'font-lock-warning-face t)))))

  But I cannot change face of #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC with following
codes.  If the first character # is in the column 0,
#+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC is displayed in the default face,
font-lock-comment-face, not my org-embedded-code-face.

(defface org-embedded-code-face
  '((t (:foreground "grey40")))
  "Used in org-mode to indicate code block.")

(font-lock-add-keywords
 'org-mode
 '(("#\\+BEGIN_SRC.*$" . 'org-embedded-code-face)
   ("#\\+END_SRC" . 'org-embedded-code-face)))

  I'm not good at emacs lisp, so I couldn't find why similar codes don't
work in org mode.  Any suggestion and help are appreciated.

  BTW, any body could tell me how to use `|' in a org table cell?  I'm
sure it has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer in this maillist
and org faq.  Thank you in advance.

-- Best Regards,

firebird

* Re: Add keywords in org comments
@ 2009-01-03 11:41 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-03 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: firebird; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi firebird,

You may want to take a look at org-mtags.el in the contrib/lisp
directory (part of the org-mode distributions, but not in Emacs).
It allows you to use a Muse-like syntax for embedded code
and many other muse constructs, for example

<src lang="emacs-lisp">
</src>

The tags will actually be in shadow font like in Muse.
With (require 'org-mtags), very little should be required
when moving muse data to Org.

I would like to give a fixed font to the examples as well,
but I have not been able to figure out how to fontify
large multiline chunks reliably.  I know that Muse does it,
but John Wiegley is still a hell of a smart guy...

I don't know why font-lock-add-keywords doe not work, it should.
I will take a look later.

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-03 16:59 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-03 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: firebird; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 3, 2009, at 9:32 AM, firebird wrote:

>  But I cannot change face of #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC with following
> codes.  If the first character # is in the column 0,
> #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC is displayed in the default face,
> font-lock-comment-face, not my org-embedded-code-face.
>
> (defface org-embedded-code-face
>  '((t (:foreground "grey40")))
>  "Used in org-mode to indicate code block.")
>
> (font-lock-add-keywords
> 'org-mode
> '(("#\\+BEGIN_SRC.*$" . 'org-embedded-code-face)
>   ("#\\+END_SRC" . 'org-embedded-code-face)))
>
>  I'm not good at emacs lisp, so I couldn't find why similar codes
> don't
> work in org mode.  Any suggestion and help are appreciated.

This does work for me:

(font-lock-add-keywords
'org-mode
'(("#\\+BEGIN_SRC.*$" (0 'org-embedded-code-face t))
   ("#\\+END_SRC" (0 'org-embedded-code-face t)))
t)

> BTW, any body could tell me how to use `|' in a org table cell?  I'm
> sure it has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer in this
> maillist
> and org faq.  Thank you in advance.

You may use \vert for this.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-04  1:49   ` firebird
From: firebird @ 2009-01-04  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> This does work for me:
>
> (font-lock-add-keywords
> 'org-mode
> '(("#\\+BEGIN_SRC.*$" (0 'org-embedded-code-face t))
>   ("#\\+END_SRC" (0 'org-embedded-code-face t)))
> t)
>
> You may use \vert for this.
>
> HTH
>
> - Carsten

Great!  Now I can't wait to port all my notes to org mode.  Thank you
very much.

-- Best Regards,

firebird