Greg Minshall writes: > - the next time i open the Org Src buffer, whatever lint-like process is > running for that language may complain about extra spaces at the end > of a line. (does that mean my experience is different from yours, or > at least from your expectation?) If I try your original examples with `emacs -q' I do not get extra whitespace in the org src buffer. Those two spaces in the original org buffer -- that are due to `org-edit-src-content-indentation' -- are removed in the org src buffer. If you do not find it to be the case, then I'm missing something. Anyway, here's a patch that cleans up blank lines, except the current one. It preserves the fix for the original issue. Can you try it out ? Regards, -- Sébastien Miquel