I just spend a good half hour tracking this down. It looks like this, in org-mode is killing me. It look wrong to me, but I'm not an expert: (set-display-table-slot org-display-table 4 (vconcat (mapcar (lambda (c) (make-glyph-code c (and (not (stringp org-ellipsis)) org-ellipsis))) (if (stringp org-ellipsis) org-ellipsis "...")))) Why are we making a glyph-code out of an ellipsis? We end up with a strange-looking display-table. On 11/6/07, Andrew Hyatt wrote: > > I seem to have an issue where I will be using emacs for a while, and > eventually something happens which will corrupt all org buffers, and make > them unviewable (the buffer refuses to display, but otherwise does not > affect the rest of my emacs session). The error I get is > "line-move-partial: Invalid face". I can switch to text-mode and see it > normally. > > I'm using emacs version 23.0.0.1. I'm using org-mode version 5.13a. > This seemed to coincide to my upgrade from org-mode version 4 to 5.13a. > This happens on both terminal and x-windows versions of emacs. > > > Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any ideas on how to solve it? >