- oh, wait. I have an old PC I don't use much (2008 AD - Core 2 Duo). I was thinking about using it just for orgmode. Would you recommend me an OS? What are the other specs for the machine, as in what's the RAM? This matters a ton because it means the difference of what desktop environment (DE) or Window Manager (WM) you could use. I would say for something that old, you might want to consider Debian, a lightweight Ubuntu variant (Lubuntu, Xubuntu, etc), Puppy Linux, or even Arch Linux. Sincerely, Sam On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, at 5:28 PM, Ypo wrote: > Hi > > Several things around my mind. Pick one if you like, and I will try to explain it better. > > - when using ediff, if there is an image near the text which has differences, it works wrong. Like if the image wouldn't allow ediff to scroll and show the difference. I just see the image, stationary, while jumping to the next difference. > > - I have started to read Chassell's. Introduction... to Emacs Lisp. But my ideas grow much much faster than my reading. I even feel I won't be able to implement simple ideas in years. Example: I would like that every time "I see" a heading with a special TODO state, this heading is expanded. Should I keep reading the book to materialize this little idea or should I take different actions? > > - when I export to latex, I get an error and no document is produced. Sorry I can't share here the error, since I am writing from the mobile, but it seems related to xelatex. Buuut, if I take the .tex produced file and I open it with an external latex editor, the document is compiled into a decent PDF. How could orgmode generate a valid tex document but not to be able to produce its PDF? > > - some more bugs I found, I should share from the PC. > > - oh, wait. I have an old PC I don't use much (2008 AD - Core 2 Duo). I was thinking about using it just for orgmode. Would you recommend me an OS? > > Thanks for being there > >