* Problem with quoting in #+BEGIN blocks
@ 2009-09-14  7:41 Roman Geus
From: Roman Geus @ 2009-09-14  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

I'm fairly new to org-mode, and I am surprised about the quoting
behavior in #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE blocks:

The following org file, results in two level 1 titles (* ASCII report
and * Part 1) when the file is reopened in emacs.

* ASCII report
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
* Part 1
bla, bla, bla
#END_EXAMPLE

I expected "* Part 1" to be interpreted as ordinary text.

Is this working as intended?

Thanks and regards,
Roman Geus

PS: I'm using org-mode 6.30 on GNU emacs 22.2.1 (Linux)

* Re: Problem with quoting in #+BEGIN blocks
@ 2009-09-15  6:37 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-15  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: roman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 14, 2009, at 8:41 AM, Roman Geus wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm fairly new to org-mode, and I am surprised about the quoting
> behavior in #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE blocks:
>
> The following org file, results in two level 1 titles (* ASCII report
> and * Part 1) when the file is reopened in emacs.
>
> * ASCII report
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> * Part 1
> bla, bla, bla
> #END_EXAMPLE
>
> I expected "* Part 1" to be interpreted as ordinary text.

Hi Roman,

first of all, it is #+END_EXAMPLE, not #END_EXAMPLE

For export it then works fine.  To avoid the interpretation of
"* Part 1" as a headline inside Org-mode, quote it like this:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
,*****************************************************************************
,* Part 1
,*****************************************************************************
bla, bla, bla
#+END_EXAMPLE

If you use "C-c '" to edit snippets like this, the quoting is automatic.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-16 13:59   ` Roman Geus
From: Roman Geus @ 2009-09-16 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten

Thanks for your helpful comments. It works fine now.

Regards,
Roman