* bug report: global tags completion in agenda
@ 2007-06-27 14:13 Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-27 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi all

from info:
`C-c a m'
     Create a global list of tag matches from all agenda files.

I expect that global list of tags to be created and prompted for
completion.  but when try to complete tags in prompt "Match:" only
tags from org-file, where tags were recently edited in any way, are
prompted, not a global list from all agenda-files as expected.  the
most wondering thing is that tag list is prompted not even from last
edited file, but from file where tags were somehow touched (edited,
realigned or similar). if you simply edit file without touching tags,
the tag set is not changed. basically, if you just run emacs without
any tag editing/aligning/whatever, you'll see empty completion list.

I'm using emacs-22.1 and org-mode-4.79

best
Maxim Loginov

* Re: bug report: global tags completion in agenda
@ 2007-06-28 10:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-28 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 27, 2007, at 16:13, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> hi all
>
> from info:
> `C-c a m'
>      Create a global list of tag matches from all agenda files.
>
> I expect that global list of tags to be created and prompted for
> completion.  but when try to complete tags in prompt "Match:" only
> tags from org-file, where tags were recently edited in any way, are
> prompted, not a global list from all agenda-files as expected.  the
> most wondering thing is that tag list is prompted not even from last
> edited file, but from file where tags were somehow touched (edited,
> realigned or similar). if you simply edit file without touching tags,
> the tag set is not changed. basically, if you just run emacs without
> any tag editing/aligning/whatever, you'll see empty completion list.

Well, you have correctly analyzed how the tags list works - it is being
constructed when it is needed.  I would agree that a global tags list
might
be nice, but so far I have refrained from constructing it each time
the agenda is build for efficiency reasons.  I have noted your request,
need to find the time to implement it.

Thanks.

- Carsten

> I'm using emacs-22.1 and org-mode-4.79
>
> best
> Maxim Loginov

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: bug report: global tags completion in agenda
@ 2007-07-02  9:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-02  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is fixed now, thanks.