Hello everyone and thank you yantar for the response, I did just that: I have added a Polish translation for everything that I could find and corrected one existing one. I have also attached the diff file to this message. Is that alright? ------- Original Message ------- On Friday, September 8th, 2023 at 07:53, Ihor Radchenko 'yantar92 at posteo.net' wrote: > emacs@supporter.mailer.me writes: > > > I would like to contribute to org-mode but I have no experience with git. I would like to start with something small - adding translations for my language. > > > > Could somebody please guide? > > > The easiest way would be: > > 1. Download Org mode source code from command line: > > git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git > > This will create "org-mode" folder in the place you run the above > command. > > 2. Open one of the Org files in the downloaded folder. > For example org-mode/lisp/ox.el has `org-export-dictionary' variable > - you can search for the variable in the file simply using isearch: > C-s org-export-dictionary > > 3. Edit the file as needed, adding translations. You simply can follow > by example when adding new translations. > > 4. M-x vc-diff > > This will open a buffer with you edits converted into "diff". > > 5. C-x C-w in the diff buffer and save it to a file like > "my-edits.diff". > > 6. Drop an email to this mailing list, explaining what you did and > attaching the "diff" file. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/. > > Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode, > > or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92