Hi Dale, Dale Smith writes: > {{{maxro}}} expansion does not happen for docbook export until an html > export is done. After that, macros seems to be expanded properly for > docbook export. Thanks for reporting this bug. For some reason I missed the coverage of macro support in DocBook exporter, and the bug was caused by an "optimization" that I thought I did in the code... Variable org-export-opt-plist should have been set but it was not in DocBook exporter. Attached please find the patch for the fix. Please let me know if it works. Thanks, Baoqiu