On 14.01.2024 20:18, gerard.vermeulen@posteo.net wrote: > On 14.01.2024 13:16, Ihor Radchenko wrote: >> gerard.vermeulen@posteo.net writes: > [...] >> I tried make test and the tests are still failing with this new patch: >> >> 1 unexpected results: >> FAILED test-ob/demarcate-block ((should (string= region-text >> (org-trim (nth 1 info)))) :form (string= "mark this line as region" >> "") :value nil :explanation (arrays-of-different-length 24 0 "mark >> this line as region" "" first-mismatch-at 0)) > > This is a tough lesson: the tests pass always on my system. > > I think the failure you see is related to a problem marking a region > in my test code (wish: support in `org-test-with-temp-text' for > "" besides "", but maybe that depends on ERT), else > the problem would have shown up while testing the patch interactively. > > I think that I have improved my region marking code by using "" > in the temp-text as a start. Then, I only have to find where to set > mark, > and eventually exchange point and mark. > > The test code now checks (mark) in the 3 places where a region is > marked. > This looks superfluous if the code is really robust, but at least it > checks > whether the region marking is (or was) the problem. > To converge faster, I have split the test into 6 tests: test-ob/demarcate-block-split-duplication test-ob/demarcate-block-split-prefix-point test-ob/demarcate-block-split-prefix-region test-ob/demarcate-block-split-user-errors test-ob/demarcate-block-wrap-point test-ob/demarcate-block-wrap-region The test failure on your system was due to the sub-test that is now test-ob/demarcate-block-wrap-region Regards -- Gerard