* Multiple occurrence of tasks
@ 2012-01-08 11:05 Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2012-01-08 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I usually use per project org files. Every project has its own list of
open tasks and notes etc. Now I'm planning to attend Fosdem (you should
too) for instance. That gives me a block of spare time, that I can use
to work on open tasks. My plan is to collect the tasks I want to work on
on a special tasksatfosdem.org file. How can I implement that? Copying
the tasks is not a solution ;), some kind of a link is needed. Maybe I
should use tags and an agenda view? I like the idea of having an org
file with the usual conference notes combined with the tasks I worked on
at the conference. How can I 'materialise' the agenda view as a section
in an org file? Other hints? How do you implement this?

Regards
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html

* Re: Multiple occurrence of tasks
@ 2012-01-08 15:35 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-01-08 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:

> My plan is to collect the tasks I want to work on on a special
> tasksatfosdem.org file. How can I implement that? Copying the
> tasks is not a solution ;), some kind of a link is needed.

How about using tags like :fosdemtask: and derive agenda views
related to this tag?

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Multiple occurrence of tasks
@ 2012-01-08 17:54 ` Mueen Nawaz
From: Mueen Nawaz @ 2012-01-08 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> writes:

> to work on open tasks. My plan is to collect the tasks I want to work on
> on a special tasksatfosdem.org file. How can I implement that? Copying
> the tasks is not a solution ;), some kind of a link is needed. Maybe I
> should use tags and an agenda view? I like the idea of having an org

Tags makes the most sense.

> file with the usual conference notes combined with the tasks I worked on
> at the conference. How can I 'materialise' the agenda view as a section
> in an org file? Other hints? How do you implement this?

I understand that what you're asking for is a way to transform the
results of a query to org mode format, replete with headlines and all?

Not sure it's possible. However, something like sparse trees may help.

* Re: Multiple occurrence of tasks
@ 2012-01-08 21:12   ` Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2012-01-08 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> to work on open tasks. My plan is to collect the tasks I want to work on
>> on a special tasksatfosdem.org file. How can I implement that? Copying
>> the tasks is not a solution ;), some kind of a link is needed. Maybe I
>> should use tags and an agenda view? I like the idea of having an org
>
> Tags makes the most sense.
>
>> file with the usual conference notes combined with the tasks I worked on
>> at the conference. How can I 'materialise' the agenda view as a section
>> in an org file? Other hints? How do you implement this?
>
> I understand that what you're asking for is a way to transform the
> results of a query to org mode format, replete with headlines and all?
yepp, if that is the solution to my initial problem.

> Not sure it's possible. However, something like sparse trees may help.
One can put elisp code in an org file, that can be invoked. So somehow
this would be doable. But on the other hand it is not clear to me what
happens if I change the state of a task or if I edit the task. Is this
state change reflected at the original position, i.e. the other org
file, of the task? Remember, the buffer holding org file with the
'copies' of the tasks isn't in agenda mode. IIRC in planner-mode tasks
can have ids, so editing a task changes all tasks with the same id in
all files.

Regards
hmw

--

@ 2012-01-08 21:19   ` Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2012-01-08 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> * Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> My plan is to collect the tasks I want to work on on a special
>> tasksatfosdem.org file. How can I implement that? Copying the
>> tasks is not a solution ;), some kind of a link is needed.
>
> How about using tags like :fosdemtask: and derive agenda views
> related to this tag?
indeed, that was the idea. But how can I use this agenda view as a
normal org file? The goal is to have a file containing conference notes
for instance combined with the task information. Or to depict the
problem in a different way: think about a task that should occure on two
or more project pages, but needs only be closed once. After closing once
it is closed on all project pages.

Regards
hmw