From: TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Turning off all indentation in 9.4.4
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 18:49:37 -0400	[thread overview]

On 2021-04-28 00:03, Bastien wrote:
> TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:
>
>> In the same timeframe, I have also noticed my Logbook entries not
>> being
>> indented (when changing TODO states) which I think was also brought
>> about by this change (or rather, my changes to org-adapt-indentation).
>> I am not sure if I should make a separate thread about that, or not?
>
> this particular issue has been fixed yesterday in master, if you want
> to give it a try.

Again, thanks for follow up.

I think I had given up on this because of the strange behavior I
couldn't figure out at the time.  In fact, looking again today, my
setting for org-adapt-indentation was commented out in my init file.
Hopefully this is what was fixed recently.  Here is what I remember:

** Heading
    :LOGBOOK:
    - State "CREATED" from           [2021-01-22 Fri 12:56] \\
      - Some comments here.
    :END:

Then doing in/out dent with org-adapt-indentation set to
'headline-data would break just the comment part of the logbook entry,
like so (everything else seemed to move OK):

*** Heading
     :LOGBOOK:
     - State "CREATED" from           [2021-01-22 Fri 12:56] \\
     - Some comments here.
     :END:

I am a Debian user, so I will get to test the latest commit in about 2
more years maybe?  :D

Jokes aside, I appreciate your follow up and so wanted to report back.
I don't know when I will get to actually test the new fix, but if this
is what was fixed I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
TRS-80