* table heading
@ 2007-06-16  6:19 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-06-16  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I would like the following functionality:
A heading with ! text
|------------------------|
!           heading           |
|-----------+-----------|
| column A | column B |
|-----------+-----------|
and it changes automatically:
|----------------------------------------|
!                      heading                      |
|-----------+-----------+--------------|
| column A | column B | column C     |
|-----------+-----------+--------------|

I allready communicated with Carsten about this. He liked the idea, but
did not like to add another column seperator.

--
Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl>

* Re: table heading
@ 2007-06-16 12:24 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2007-06-16 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cecil Westerhof; +Cc: org-mode

On 6/16/07, Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I would like the following functionality:
> A heading with ! text
> |------------------------|
> !           heading           |
> |-----------+-----------|
> | column A | column B |
> |-----------+-----------|
> and it changes automatically:
> |----------------------------------------|
> !                      heading                      |
> |-----------+-----------+--------------|
> | column A | column B | column C     |
> |-----------+-----------+--------------|
>
> I allready communicated with Carsten about this. He liked the idea, but
> did not like to add another column seperator.

It looks interesting, but I wouldn't have a need for it, especially if
it only work on import.  I tend to deal with the org file in org-mode
only so I don't use formatting features that clutter the org-file to
make it look better on export.  However that is a feature of org
itself.  It has a lot of neat tools that you can use and that stay out
of your way if you don't use them.

Looking at this, I wonder if table.el would work for you?  Or do you
need to use the spread sheet features in the same table?  Or are you
like me and use an emacs install that doesn't work with table.el and
that you don't have the authority to try to fix?

Edd